Originally Posted By WarEagle1
I hate to have to ask this but I'm pretty much desperate on a big block oil pan leak at the front corners.
Does anyone seal their pan using silicone only, with no gasket?
Is this possible? Which silicone works?
I have a Milodon pan (seems paper thin).
I have tried:
-Fiber/rubber gaskets twice (with and without silicone)
-Cork gaskets twice (with and without silicone)
-Superformance gaskets
I have even deleted the windage tray out of desperation.
I've made sure the pan rail is flat every time.
I'm at my wits end. Any ideas are appreciated.

Sorry to hear your having such problems.

I'm going to assume you have an issue with your timing cover possibly not being flat with the block pan rail surface. Either protruding above or sitting below can cause the issue you described. Or the timing cover/gasket itself is the culprit.

When installing the Superformance Products oil pan gasket with a stamped steel oil pan like yours it is recommended to apply a 1/8" BEAD (do not smear it with your finger) of Permatex Ultra Black directly to the oil pan rail and to the junction of the timing cover to block and rear seal retainer joints. Tighten the bolts just snug enough to disperse the sealant, allow to cure for 12-24 hours then apply full torque to the fasteners.

When installed properly your oil pan will stay sealed for a longer period of time than any other composition gasket on the market.

Out of all those gaskets and installations it is obvious to me you are overlooking a component issue causing your hair to prematurely grey.