I dont worry about how strict the law is in Md about street racing because it does not effect me since I dont street race and wont street race. So I dont worry about the laws about it as of course we all know its not legal anywhere. I think muscle cars were built to run hard sometimes so thats why I go to the track like most all on here. Most of us did some street racing in our younger years but I knew then it was wrong and I know now at almost 59 years old its stupid and not worth the trouble it can cause so I wont street race as its just not a smart idea when we have dragstrips to race leagally.
I can tell you about 35 years ago when I was in my mid 20's I had a kid run right in front of my truck and I hit him. His dad was standing in the center of the road on the line holding his hand and as I drove by in my truck doing about 35 mph the boy just darted rightout in front of my truck and I jammed on the brakes but did not turn the wheel as I did not want to run over him. And it was raining out. The boy was bleeding out of his ear when the paramedics took him away. Thank god he was ok but let me tell you I was never so scared in all my life as I did not want that boy to be hurt. And even though it was not my fault which his dad even said to me I still felt very bad. But 4 days later when I took the mans umbrella back that I was holding over the boy when he was laying in the road the boy was out playing. But I always think .......what if I had been street racing and I would hit and hurt someone ?? I would never want to live with that so thats another reason I will not street race. Ron