I'm running a 300hp crate 360 magnum in my 91 power ram 150 4x4 short bed truck, I'm running a 30 gallon fuel tank, a off the shelf fuel pump from orielly auto parts, a quick fuel super street series 680cfm vacuum secondary carburetor.
Carburetor has a fuel pressure gauge on the line and it runs at 6 psi most of the time, sometimes it will drop to around 4.5 to 5.
Anyways when I first installed this carburetor I was only running one fuel filter, that was tied into the fuel hose after the fuel pump and before the carburetor, the fuel pressure gauge bounced around real bad, someone told me to put another fuel filter on the line that runs into the fuel pump just before the fuel pump and that should stop it, and it did.
I had someone tell me today that I should only run one fuel filter, that the filter between the carb and fuel pump isn't nessasary and that I'm causing a restriction by running two filters the way I am.
The one filter between the carb and fuel pump is a 3/8 Napa gold clear fuel filter, part number is 3003, the fuel filter between the tank and pump, that's installed real close before the pump is a 5/16 Napa gold clear fuel filter,Mozart number is 3002.
Is this an issue? I didn't think it was and in fact I thought it would be better to have two of the fuel filters since they are cheap little filters anyways that probly don't filter all that well.
I figured two would filter the fuel better then one, and I liked the idea of having the filter before the pump that way I'm not sucking any junk into the fuel pump, and I like the idea of the filter before the carb so I'm not sucking anything into the carb.