Quote:

Well I climberd under my Dart today in an attempt to get my Fuel Gauge working again.Ive already ruled out the gauge actually works ,it swings over to the Full side when the wire is grounded and the key in the "on" position.I never let it "peg" as I was warned not to do that.

I proceed to remove the sender from the tank,replaced the float(I suspect the original is faulty,though I hear no liquid inside when I shake it.)I replaced the sock while I was there,but kept all the old parts as they appear to be in decent condition.

I also replaced the sending unit gasket.Got everything buttoned back up.I hook up the fuel line,the ground strap I had brazed back together and then hook up the sending unit wire.Climb out from underneath, Turn the key to the "ON" position and the fuel gauge doesnt do a Darn thing,no movement whatsoever.

So Now what? Any Suggestions?

I find it wierd that my temp gauge is acting "somewhat" the same.

After driving I can shut the engine off,turn the key to the "On" Position and watch the temp climb,fire the car up and start driving and it drops again to 120* and stays there. Could this be an indicator of something amiss in the back of the instrument cluster?

The voltage regulator on the back of the gauge panel may be corroded or amy be shorting out