As always, Im in the minority here. I have both the orange and chrome box. The orange box came with my kit years ago back in 2006 or 2007. After converting my RR over, I used that box for quite awhile. Hanging around here I kept reading how poor the orange boxes were and that I should get a chrome box to solve all the world's issues. Well, that chrome box was horrible. The minute I put that thing on my car, it ran for crap. It wouldn't idle at all as the rpm's would swing like a fourth grader at recess. Trying to drive the thing was even worse. It would surge to the point of almost killing the motor to darn near wide open throttle at take off. Id put the orange box back on, and all was well.

I tried this three times to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong on the install. Three times I had the same results....That chrome box was/is unusable with my car. I have no idea why either of course.

A couple of years ago I bought one of the new Rev-n-ator boxes at Carlisle. So far I haven't had any issues. I didn't experience any of the claimed hp or mileage increases, but the car runs just fine with it installed. For now, I have the Rev-n-ator installed if for nothing else because of the built in limiter. My original orange box now lives in the trunk as a spare.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner 383 4 speed