Guys,

I have another thing I have been grappling with over the past two years on my Charger but I have been preoccupied with more important issues but I am working around to some of the more minor thing.

The car is a 1973 Charger with A/C. The HVAC box is fully restored with a new blower motor. Every since day one this has had wimpy airflow. As in a "low" you can barely feel airflow and "high" is about like the lowest setting on my daily driver.

I have checked to make sure the vacuum pots and doors are all opening and they are. Blower motor is getting 14V on high and I know it's not wired backwards (I tested). The blower motor is the standard A1-cardone Autozone special.

Is this normal for the 71-74 b-body heater boxes? I didn't think they would be necessarily be up to snuff compared to a new car but this seems really wimpy. I hate it because the A/C is nice and cold but loses the battle on any hot day because of the poor airflow.

IS there anything else that could be wrong? Are these reman parts-store motors just that bad or is this just how there were?

Any ideas where I can go from here? Any ideas are appreciated...I am loving this car now that it's running well but I put all this $$$ into the A/C and I really hate that it can't keep up on a 80*+ day.

Thanks! thumbs