I've got a '70 Road Runner convt. power front disc car originally a 383. My master cylinder has a small front reservoir/large back & the brake lines enter on the fender side of the master cylinder.

I ordered a Cardone 13-1475 master cylinder since that's what the Rock Auto catalog listed (no pic). The master cylinder looks similar, but it's narrower than mine, has a small plug on the bottom and the brake lines enter on the engine side of the master cylinder.

I know that Ma' Mopar did some unusual stuff back in the day.

Looking a little closer at master cylinders with small front/large rear reservoirs, fender side brake lines on various engines in 1970 b-bodies I find the following:

1.383 & 440
a. Cardone 13-1515 "front disk, rear drum, manual brakes"
b. Centric 13063055 "front disk brakes"
c. Cardone 10-1523 "front disk, read drum, manual brakes"

2.Hemi
a. Cardone 13-1515 "front disk, rear drum, manual brakes"
b. Centric 13063055 "front disk brakes"
c. Cardone 13-1404 "front disk, rear drum, power brakes" (only one unique to Hemi's)
d. Cardone 10-1523 "front disk, rear drum, manual brakes"

All of these (4) master cylinders look like they'll fit in a thumbnail pic (not sure on brake line sizes, just appearance). I can see that Cardone's 10's are rebuilt and 13's are new master cylinders.

Here are my questions:
1. Do I have a Hemi braking system factory stock?
2. Which master cylinder should I buy? (I care about good braking, not "numbers matching")
3. Should I just use one of the 383/440 "manual" master cylinders that have small front/large rear reservoirs and fender side brake lines and don't worry that I have power brakes?
4. What are the differences between all these master cylinders? Why should I pick one over another?

Thanks for Your Help!

70 Roadrunner convt. street car 440+6, NOS, 4-spd, SS springs '96 Mustang GT convt. street car '04 4.6 SOHC, NOS, auto, lowered "Officer, that button is for short on-ramps"