Yet another project! These never get old! smile

What we have here this time around is a very unique 71 340 Duster that I'm very excited about. I saw this car on ebay a little over a year ago and knew I just had to have it. So of course, I bought this car and made the trip to the southern part of Missouri to go get it.

What makes it unique is its color scheme! This thing came equipped with a 340 auto and a 3.91 sure grip. EV2 hemi orange, black vynal top, orange bucket interior w/ console and my favorite option: V24 blacked out '340 wedge' hood! Other than a 4 speed, it's everything I would have checked off if ordering this new.

My plan is going to make yet another killer FAST car out of this. If you followed me from my 71 FAST Roadrunner thread, I actually kept the 340 stroker when I sold the runner and that motor will be used in this Duster. Other than changing the power steering out to manual and adding duel painted mirrors over the single chrome racing, I plan on leaving the car in 'as-ordered' appearance.

This thing is pretty rough. It appeared that it was parted out at one time as it only had a dash some glass, a fender tag and some other odds and ends. On top of that, it has its fair share of rust including, but not limited to, trunk, floors, quarters, roof, rockers ect. -not for the faint of heart!

I'm not going to get this done as fast as my dads 70 6 pack car as my time and funds are limited. I have acquired a nice stash of parts for it already like seats, some really nice sheet metal, and most of the other hard to find parts, but figured I might as well start sharing. Hope you enjoy!
-Kevin

image.jpgimage.jpg
Last edited by mopars_1; 05/06/15 02:25 PM.

1971 Plymouth Duster 340 auto
1937 Plymouth PT50
1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 4 speed
2013 Ram laramie 2500 hemi
2008 Harley FLSTSB springer