Looking into a new Ram Ecodeisel. Got two small kids, one 7, one almost 3. Currently driving a little Mazda 3 so space is limited in back, especially with the little one in the car seat, he is basically right up against the back of the front seat. I have to put him in the seat sort of blindly with my head out of the door or bend over awkwardly to wrestle him in. It works but sometimes it kills my back. He's kind of a pip squeak too.

So in terms of the truck - would I be better off with a Crew cab as opposed to a Quad? I believe it's around 9" difference between the two - 5'7" bed with the crew, 6'4 with the Quad. Eventually the older one will just be in the seat and the little one will be in a booster for a few years.

I would use the bed for various things but I'm not a contractor or anything, just runs to Home Depot and car stuff etc. We use our Subaru wagon for this kind of thing right now and it's not that great. Can't really haul much of anything in the Mazda.

So anyone with a Ram and kids - did you go with the Quad cab and regret it or did you go with the Crew?

Thanks for the input.

- Greg

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500