Originally Posted By Streetwize
I really want to thank PBR (pittsbughracer) for the converter advice, the car really feels completely transformed with the 8" vert and the higher lift bullet cam compared to before it feels like it's got a full time 75 shot over the old combo.

I probably could have stayed content with easy low 11's but I knew the power from the motor was there and just not getting to the ground efficiently,..at least that doesn't seem to be the issue anymore, lol worst case it'll probably run in the 10's starting in second gear now.

I've heard of guys building 2speed ( glide ) turbo 400's, has this ever been done with our transmissions?

I'm glad it worked out for you performance wise. I'm sure you will get the Rocky's chassis dialed in but it won't be a cake walk like it is on an A body car. These small blocks LOVE high stall convertors. It took some real testing but we finally ran some low 10.50's in Matts duster last year with the 727 and it s at 5400 stall. The 904 had a 5200 stall and a low gear set and was so much faster until we raised the stall again. Mines only about 5100 with my powerglide but I'm going to hit it with some more horsepower this year.

1970 Duster
Edelbrock headed 408
5.984@112.52
422 Indy headed small block
5.982@112.56 mph
9.42@138.27

Livin and lovin life one day at a time