Quote:

Thanks for all the replies everyone! Yeah, the unported iron heads are kinda my weak link but easy enough to replace with some budget aluminum heads in the future when I have the extra dough. If I had to do it all over again, I would've gone with a solid cam too. I've run a solid cam on a street car before and I don't remember it being that big a hassle.

Don't feel bad about looking back and wanting to change things, nobody gets it right the first time , mainly do to finding out what you really want after you get the car done I would run the 4:10 or lower for your present combination. If your thinking of a stroker in the future then stick with the 4:10 for now If no stroker then thank about a set of 4:30 or 4:56, the stocker style 440 need all the help they can get on the line to move the mass the first 50 ft. Another really good option is to install a 2:75 ratio low gear set in the trans now and leave the 4:10 rear gears in with the stocker style C.I. motor The low gear set really helps the off the line perforamnce and deosn't hurt the cruise RPMs in high gear

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)