Originally Posted By RapidRobert
the yoke is measured across on the inside which would be 2&5/8" for your 7290 so yes the #248 Moog will fit. After installation move the front yoke thru both planes of travel and the rear ujoint thru its 1 plane of travel & it MUST be free/smooth. If not set the shaft horizontle on your bench with the yoke out just off the edge & whack the "ears" with a BFH several times as needed till it IS free. the ears are the flat connector pieces of metal (2) between the shaft itself and the cap holes. best is to have a helper hold the shaft & you whack em with a brass drift/hammer. hit one ear several times then rotate the other up to 12 0'clock & hit it then see if it is free. repeat within reason as needed. Ahead of time on the installation I would suggest driving the caps in with a hammer/drift as opposed to using a big vice. Hammerwork is my last choice but my preference on this deal. EDIT I believe that is a misprint as that IS ID not OD cuz you are measuring across on the inside & I dont think I've ever seen a spec for yoke OD (& therefore the ujoint to fit that specific yoke) cuz it ain't needed (at least in a Mopar 7260/7290 app).

Unless they are trying to say the od of the joint itself where it would meet the caps.
Thanks for the info. just wanted to make certain.
Ron