66 Dodge Coronet 500, 383 4-barrel, Holley 750VS, Pertronix ignition, MSD 6A, MSD Blaster2 coil.

Okay, weather was getting warmer today and decided to start the car. Been sitting since Sept. Did the usual thing by spraying some starting fluid down into the carb to help start it so I won't wear down the battery while cranking waiting for the carb to fill up. Never had a problem with this routine until today. After a couple of initial cranks the engine tried to turn over, but didn't as expected because I knew carb wasn't full yet. Sprayed some more starting fluid, cranked her again, but this time I heard a Poof! Thought it was too much starting fluid, but now engine keeps cranking and never turns over.
All electrical accessories work okay, engine cranks strong.
Looked at carb and fuel pressure guage shows 7 lbs. Float bowl site windows show fuel level half way up the window.
No fried wires.

Now for troubleshooting:
Tried different voltage regulator and ballast resistor, no go. Disconnect coil wire going to the center of the distributor and held it close to ground (neg. battery cable attachment bolt on the intake manifold) while cranking and NO SPARK JUMP ! So only thing left is bad coil or MSD 6A or Pertronix module, right ? Need advice badly.

Thanks in advance.