got the working vacuum canister off my old distributor installed on the new distributor. Gapped my pertronix 2 with the feeler gauge supplied in kit. Hooked my spark wires up to the new brasss cap, installed on distributer.. Carnked the motor, and it turned and turned and didnt fire. Checked the wires with timing light, none were firing. With the ignition in run, I checked the voltage to the positive side of the coil, and it was getting full battery voltage. I popped the dis cap off, couldnt see anything wrong, hooked it back up, then it fired up.

When it fired up, it started and warmed up on high idle. After a few minutes, I tapped the gas pedal, which should've brought it down to normal idle. It did not. The car stayed in high idle. I tried this a few more times... nope, it stuck on high idle. So I tried to retard initial timing, which only lowerd rpm from 1500 to 1100, but the engine started shaking so I brought it back up to till it smoothed out, but it was still idling very high. I tried to lower the idle speed screw, but it had zero effect. It's like the carb is stuck on fast idle.

IIt was running very well before I replaced the distributor, and that that is the only thing I touched. Kind of stumped on why it's stuck on the high idle.