Hello all. This is first time on this forum, so be easy with me.

I know you guys are going to say [Edited by Moparts - Keep it clean], but here goes.

I have a Ford F250. I'm in the planning stages right now to make a new frame for it to meet NHRA/IHRA 9.99 to 8.50 ET spec. I going a little overkill on the spec just for safety. This is 99% daily street use. I do plan on taking it to the strip once in a great while. I'm building a 460 for it thats going to put out around 600+ hp. It's going to have a 4-speed toploader in it with a 4.30 geared locker 9-inch rear. The tires in the rear will be Hoosiers 31/16.5/17 Pro Streeters. It will have a straight axle on leafs in the front.

I'm thinking on using super stock springs for the rear suspension, but I have questions for you guys:

1) Would the 002,003 springs work? From the reading I've done on this forum, the new springs are made in Mexico. Is the quality good? Can Eaton Spring Company make a set if the quality is not good from Mexico?

2) I'm looking to mount the springs under the frame. I'm thinking of using straight 2x3 tubing. The problem I'm looking at is I want for the bottom of the frame to be around 18-20 inches from the ground at the rear axle centerline. Can the axle be mounted under the spring, and will the spring still do it's job on controlling axle wrap. I know the axle is normally mounted on top of the springs.

3) I'm planning on doing drawing and figuring out all the geometry, but normally, how much lower is the front eye of the spring than the rear one from the ground? I'm planning on the frame having about a 1.5 degree rake forward.

4) Is a 4-inch long shackle considered optimal?

5) If I mount the springs at different heights, so the rear of the truck sits level, does that mess up launch of the truck at the drag strip if I decide to use slicks with it?

Thanks guys, I know this is a little off-beat, but you do have the best rear leaf suspensions.

Dave