Quote:

Quote:

I recommend staying with sealers intended for auto body applications. 10 to 20 years down the road they will still be in place doing their intended job. I have seen more than one instance of substitute sealers failing after 5-10 years.

FWIW I used to use 3M body seam sealer in the quart cans. The formula changed some years ago and it started shrinking and cracking after a few weeks or months. Also once tried "bondo" brand seam sealer in the caulking tube. It would shrink and crack in a few hours.

The polyurethane type sealers seem to hold up very well... both the dedicated auto brands from Eastwood or a body supply hose or the home improvement store stuff.

read a lot about people having trouble with the 3m, but they do have tons of different seam sealers now they probably have some great stuff.

When I spoke to the LORD FUSOR tech guy, the way he described the product was the way it behaves during and after curing, and the bonding quality to certain substrates. Thats how I found what I wanted, I needed something that could hold up against drastic temperature changes, was waterproof, bonded well to bare metal and epoxy, and remained flexible during expansion and contraction. PL30 had the characteristics I wanted and so I gave it a shot (at $5 a tube) and it worked great. Stuck like cement but remained slexible like gumby. Have had no issues at all with it.