Quote:

The original poster has already put a 66 on a newer frame. He was one of the 1st people to do so that I'm aware of.

I did my 66 conversion in early 1992. Drove it for many years every day. I also used the old front mounts on the new frame, then moved the rear cab mounts to line up. Core support sits on the mounts for the newer frame, unaltered. You can't get your hand between the head and the firewall with the 440 in it, but it clears.

This time around I want a 3/4 or 1 ton, and the frame is free for the taking. Which opens the door for me to develop my bolt-on kit. And finally everything is coming together to do it. I have two versions designed. I'll be working out all of the bugs in lining up the bed first, as that determines the cab height above the frame. As you may know or have noticed, the newer frame dips down under the cab, so the mounting surface isn't at the same height as everything else. Mine has a hoakie 3" body lift, and the rockers are still only 12" off of the ground, with 235/75x15's on it. But that was so that the core support wouldn't need to be altered, and thusly reducing the size of my radiator. I'll be trying a couple of things, but I hope to make it something that the average guy can do in a 2 car garage. As simple as strip off the newer body, bolt on my adapter kit, then bolt the Sweptline onto it.

Soop, I'm jonesing over that diagram you found, but as you said it's tough to read. Would it be clearer if you emailed it? I'll PM you my address if you think it will help.

25 Dodge Roadster
66 D100 440/727 (on 72 D100 chassis)
67 W200 360/727
72 IH TravelAll 1110 4x4 345/727/NP205
76 Scout 2 360/727/D20
'08 Dakota SLT Quad Cab 4wd 4.7L