After reading all these posts I'm amazed at most of them ,use chebby springs voodoo cams etc. Build it simple and it will scream. I built a 77 360 I used kb pistons on 273 rods, MOPAR 508 cam, adjustable rockers set at zero lash. Stock heads, single plane intake, worked holley 750, 904 with a stock convertor, and 3.91's the dart I put it in was a full bodied car, ran 12.40's in 90 degree heat. Went 1.9's 60 foot which is terrible, and went 110-112 through the traps. Now that's a screaming 360. With a loose converor and 4.30's 11.50-11.60 would be easy. Build it simple, it is easier to build, maintain, and will last for ever. I did have to put a holley pump back by the tank but that's it. The engine had seen 7500 many times and never missed abeat. Still running today 7 years later and still runs good. Has never been apart since I put it together. Keep the rods and pistons as light as possible. I spent less than 2k on it and that included the rebuilt trans and the gear, with hooker hedders. I've heard nothing but bad things about the 408's being light on power and torque.