Quote:

there is LOTS of leg room in a neon/SRT4, less in the focus. learn to drive on a FWD and you'll learn momentum, car placement and how not understear. I learned on a regular Neon. Now daily/autoX SRT4 acr spec in GS. This year I will be codriving my brothers Focus ST. I'm a fatty and I fit in the SRT seats well. the recarro's in the higher trim foci are um "snug", like remove your wallet for longer than 20min trips.

I will tell you that the SRT is 10+yrs old, generally thrashed by the previous numbnutz "tunas" and can be a little "needy" in the maintenance department. Its damn fun and in ACR trim and I still think its as fast/faster than the focus. I can drive the SRT faster but im warming up to the focus.

Finding one that's fairly stock, non-salveaged, with "low" mileage will definitely be tough. ACR's are definitely more difficult to find. I'm still thinking of my options.

The Focus ST definitely sounds like a cool option. It gets about the same gas mileage with +70hp and +100ft-lbs of torque compared to the tC. I'm just having trouble picturing myself buying a Ford. Lol. I wish the Dart had something competitive in this area. Too bad their focusing too much on their SRT4 release in 2017.