Clean fuel and clean air going into the engine are the key to making your Cummins survive. Don't use a cotton/gauze washable air filter, They let too much dirt in. Use the upgraded factory style 6 inch thick air filter for max filtration. For fuel filtering, I install 2 micron FF with water separator from Throttled-Up Industries, www.dieselfuelfilterkits.com They are a complete kit and with everything you need. They even include a tubing cutter to cut the factory fuel lines to install the kit. Mounts the filters nicely under the truck so they don't hang down too low to avoid possible damage. As far as the lift pump goes, I wouldn't worry about it much if the truck is stock or mildly modified. They are in-tank mounted, and are not as failure prone as earlier engine mounted pumps. FWIW, some of the aftermarket transfer pumps I have installed in the last year have had reliability issues. Specifically, the Chinese electric pump motors that some of them use. So installing an aftermarket pump may not be good if you are looking for reliability.

Last edited by moparts; 03/21/15 11:15 AM.

392 gen III hemi on E-85 727 trans Dana 60
10.02@134