Quote:

Quote:

BBoogie there are (were, anyways) many options for the eight lugs, at least in steel, all the way from 15" up in the aftermarket. Wheel choice would be sort of regulated by your intended use of the truck, to a degree.

As far as larger 16.5 wheels, there are 16.5x 9.75 factory style floating around, often found on the rear of camper specials. On a '74 W200 I had in a previous life I ran these all the way around, with a 12.00 tire. 16.5 are getting harder to find I hear, and would probably go to a 17.

I think this may be a byproduct of the diesel truck trend ... and then of course there are the later model factory wheels, which will need a spacer/adapter, because of the back spacing changes on newer stuff.

I recommend hub centric, it has worked flawlessly on mine. No wobbles, shakes, loose lugs, etc.

Here's a link to the spacers that I used. They are bolt centric, and I have had zero issues, wobbles, loosening etc...since I installed them.
https://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/show...rue#Post8354175

I agree, I probably over thought things, I did ponder a long time before ordering parts.

But, in the long run, I thought that having all the loads/stress placed on what ever was holding the wheel on needed to be spread over more surface than the strength of five 1/2" wheel studs, so now the load/stress is spread on the piloted hub (like factory) and on the piloted hub hole in the factory wheel, which I had and wanted.

I understand that virtually ALL the aftermarket wheels sold are not piloted on the hub ... so, moot point, I guess.

8467775-108.jpg (210 downloads)
Last edited by VL21; 03/22/15 04:11 PM.

It takes gasoline to interest me.