Part two consists of the front drum . For this build I am using Alto red racing clutches and Koline steels. If all goes well I sould be able to fit five clutches in the front drum for more holding ability in high gear.

The pressure plate was de-glazed using a crossbuff. I also de-glazed the drum surface with a crossbuff.

Here is a pic of the assembley lube I will be using during the entire build.

All of the seals on the drum and piston were lubed with assembley lube before installation. Make sure the lip of the seals are facing down twards the drum.

The next step is to install the piston. Make sure the seal surfaces on the drum are lubed up also. Try to apply even pressure with your hand and seat the piston.

Next step is to install the springs. Mine came with 9 and are installed as such.

The next step was to compress the springs and install the lock ring that holds the spring retainer in place. I used a floor jack and two pieces of wood butted up aganst my shop celing. Don't try this at home!!! Use a press or go to a trans shop and let them do it.

Pictured here is the installation of the steels and clutches. Clutches should be soaked with trans fluid for 15 miniutes before installation. after all five were installed I cheched the gap between the pressure plate and the retainer ring. Ah, a perfect .070

stay tuned for part 3, the rear drum!!