Quote:

I saw that Hot Rod TV show yesterday. The guy from Mothers said the 3-5 lbs. of boost came from liquid propane that expands 400% after injection. He didn't say, but wouldn't it have to be injected directly into the combustion chamber?

That would be the question?

But if the liquid propane was sprayed into heads port at a angle from the intake manifold.

The cylinders could injest the propane as a liquid/proportion of that into the cylnder before it had time to fully expand xxx% after the intake valve slams shut and traps it all in. There by giving a boost reaction.

I dont know how much time it takes for the liquid propane to expand once its released from its pressure. That time frame is probably Fixed as long as the temp remains near the same.

The good thing about that if its true!. Is that the more RPM the motor turns the more liquid propane the cly should capture thus allowing more vapor expansion to happen within the Cly and less in the intake port. And if its expanding less in the port then more air/oxygen can also be injested to help burn the extra portion of liquid propane

This is just some of my thoughts on this subject, mike

Last edited by Sport440; 12/28/08 01:26 AM.