Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

If you think you can't afford the Stage V heads, wait till you price the rocker arm assembly. There is nothing not expensive for a Hemi, even used parts. Now is the time to think over what you want to do, next thing you'll be thinking is : WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING!!!!!

That's true for the most part, but if you're patient you can find some deals for hemi parts occasionally. I bought some new K1 billet hemi rods for $130 and some new MP forged 528 pistons for $200 last year. The cranks are the same as a 440 crank and those aren't too bad. I paid $350 for a new Eagle 4340 4.15" crank a couple of years ago off ebay. Now finding a block for a reasonable price, that's tricky.

Finding used/cheap cranks, rods, & pistons isn't hard. It's the topend parts that are pricy for a hemi...even used stuff. Heads, rocker assemblies, and blocks are the 3 main pieces that you will pay for.

All of the parts and prices I listed were for new parts, not used. I agree there is no cheap way out for the rocker setup or block. I don't think the heads are too bad for the flow #s. I don't know of too many wedge heads that flow up to 400 CFM for $2300.

Blowndart...All I was implying is that other than the block, the bottom end of a hemi really costs no more than a wedge.

The heads ARE priced very reasonably to a wedge when you compare flow numbers.

As far as blocks....right now I think your only options for a new one are Keith Black or Indy, both aluminum.
I'm not sure if you can actually get one from HP Performance right now?
Older Mega Blocks and World blocks pop up from time to time but they are expensive since no one is making them anymore.

I never heard of the Stage V heads dropping seats? Not arguing, I just don't recall ever hearing that. I know some of the MP heads had that issue. W/ that said, I have MP heads on my 572 hemi...no problems and I've been running them since 2006. The MP heads are basically just aluminum versions of the factory iron heads. CNC ported by MCH they flow 430 cfm.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax