Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

good question id like to know the answer also.......im just saying factory did weird stuff who knows for sure. my big question is did the dealer read the fender tag(or how does it work)and say we have to paint a stripe on this one?

Factory built cars as planned. They had various large build plan sheets that had codes that were on the fender tag and build sheet, and much more to accompany cars down line.

They did not make stuff up out of the blue. They do make some minor mistakes that are not caught.

The dealer does not really check tag. They did not have info to completely decipher them even in 67. And they can do pretty much whatever they want to the car before it's sold. It's their car (sorta sometimes).

well you just answered my question......it is on my fender tag white horizontal accent stripe so whatever it means the factory put it on the car correct?

And the accent stripe is commonly called a pin stripe.

Here's the factory information:

http://www.hamtramck-historical.com/dealerships/1967DodgeColorAndTrim-03.shtml

did i miss something??....where does it say accent stripe???
heres the fender tag code .... LL1 p6x ax68

Says paint stripe. That's the accent stripe.

Mopar never painted on any stripes that were only on the side of the car wider than a pin stripe in the 70's and 70's.

There is a picture of a 66-67 car getting a painted pin strip applied at the factory. It's a long pad on a jig that gets pressed against the car like an ink pad. On many original paint cars you can see the paint thin in the middle of the pin/accent stripe were the pad pushed out paint to the edges.

I'm not sure any big three company painted stripes wide enough that would need masking on the side of a car in the 60's and 70's.

Last edited by autoxcuda; 02/25/15 02:08 AM.