Quote:

Quote:

Going to get some 20x9 wheels and 275/40/20 tires for wifes 12 Charger RT. Narrowed down the tires to 3 choices
1: Dunlop SP SPORT MAXX TT 240AA
2: Pirelli P Zero 220AA
3: BFG Sport Comps 340AA
Price wise 1 and 2 are pretty much the same, BFG's are about $150 a set cheaper. These would be summer only tires and will only be on the car for half the year or so. Car may find itself at a track day some day.
So which would you choose and why please.

I would personally eliminate choices one and two, those Dunlops are no better in any category than the cheaper BFGs. The Pirellis have a softer sidewall and will ride a little nicer and be a little quieter than the BFGs. For Pirelli money however, you could have Michelin Pilot Super Sports, which are a vastly superior tire in every category, ride nice and are quiet, but are in a completely different league on a track ( I shaved 5 seconds a lap on my 13 Mustang GT at Willow springs changing from those Pirellis to Super Sports). As a final option I would look at the new Michelin Pilot AS3, they are cheaper than the super sport and not as good a track tire, but ride nicely and are quiet, and are quite a bit cheaper...

I had a very good reason for not having Super Sports on that list. Only thing I don't like about the BFG's is they're directional, my "local" road course has predominantly right handers. That Dunlop is a "new" offering from what I can tell.

Mopar to the bone!!!