Quote:

Quote:

First thing you need to do is take that junk brass bushing out and throw it in the garbage!

This is BS! These bushings have been used, problem free, for decades. The only reason they used a bearing was to save money on the crank drilling operation. Think about this ... the ONLY time the shaft spins in the bearing is when the clutch is in, otherwise, the shaft is turning with the crank. And what's more likely to fail, a solid bushing OR a mechanical bearing ?!?!?

That bushing is not your issue, leave it alone.

As for installing the assembly from the bottom ... REALLY ?!?!?

1) make sure there is not too much grease in the pilot hole. Grease will not compress and will limit how far the input can go in. Force it and it will start to push the bushing out!
2) make sure the disc is installed correctly - should have a stamp saying "flywheel side".
3) install disc and pressure plate using the input shaft to align the disc.

Go to Princess Auto and but the cheap dial indicator and magnetic base to dial in the bellhousing. I seriously doubt its out by 1/16". If it is you have a SERIOUS problem as there are no alignment dowels with that much offset.

Which raises the question ... are there dowels in the block now???

Unfortunately you're about 3 hours from me or I'd come and help.

I agree with you Stanton on the bushing, Dodge used that same bushing since 1928 through 1974

it's ok to butt heads, just don't do it with a butthead