Quote:

How hard is it to change the heater core?

It's not 'hard' per se but it's a big job. The dash has to come out, (which entails a lot of little stuff) or at least pull it back enough so you can get the housing out. You can usually pull it back to where you can rest it on the front seat and get to the housing. Need an A/C machine, coolant has to be drained. Inside there is lots of plastic to deal with, wiring to disconnect, console, shifter, steering column needs to drop or come out. If you've done 'em, you have your methods and can probably get it done in around 3-4 hours if you hustle. Cordless driver will be your friend. Usually pays like 6-7 hours, maybe more.

Last one I remember doing was on a 300, I was the first one in our shop to do one on that car. We actually had two come in at the same time. Took me all day but I somehow beat the guy who could do a Grand Cherokee heater core in under 3, he'd never done one either.

So yeah, big job but Cherokees are probably easier than other cars. Simpler and more room.

Forcing water through the core won't do much. They clog up and corrode and the fins get blocked up. Usually find leaves and stuff in there.

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500