Quote:

I got home from work last night and noticed my brake lights wouldn't turn off, no obstruction to the pedal. I thought they were on on the way home since I could see the reflection from the third light on my tool box. I unplugged the switch so they'd turn off till I could get a new switch today. Installed the new switch today and now the lights will not come on. I flipped down the adjustment lever after installation per the instructions and the wiring clicked into the slot, so now I am at a loss. Also checked the fuse under the hood, looked good. Anyone have any ideas?

You said you followed the instructions... did you get down underneath the dash and adjust it? They can be a little tricky sometimes. Be aware some of them twist into the bracket with a cam-type action, you can feel it lock. Just have to play around with the adjustment. Best to do it where you can see the lights as you adjust it, like up against a wall or garage door. If the lights stay on, pull the pedal back, see if they turn off. There is usually some play before the pedal reaches the switch contact.

Also, double check to see if you have turn signals, flashers, and tail lights.

'71 Duster
'72 Challenger
'17 Ram 1500