I will watch your headlight post, and see what's up.
That's assuming you post it here.

Hmmm....not quite ready to make another post yet, but, here's an update.....

one of the previous owners was an idiot.

The amber parking lights were throwing more light than my headlights. Last night, I went out to see if I could somehow make the headlights 'work' until I spring for new lenses. With the headlights on, I opened the hood, and the engine compartment was BRIGHT, as in all lit up.....

At first I thought I was having a spiritual moment or something, but, then got to looking and realized the light was coming from the headlights.

The last idiot that replaced the bulb put the lock ring on backwards, so, rather than unplug the light and flip the ring, they tried to tape the bulb in place. Tried.

The bulb was still lined up with the hole in the housing but, the bulb was completely outside the housing! BOTH sides were like that.

While the light pattern and general output still sucks, I can actually see the road now that I put the bulbs back IN the housing.

As I mentioned, eventually I'll buy new lenses. Over on the www.dakota-durango.com website, a couple of guys recommended TYC brand for replacements.

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥