Another member on here has a motor for sale, and I have some general questions I wanted to ask some of you guys that build motors and have experience with different setups. I am supposed to go look at the motor and hear it run this weekend. The motor is for sale at a great price which has me very interested. What I do know is the motor is 9:1 compression, 288 duration cam, 452 unleaded heads. I have seen a video of the motor running, and it sounds good with a nice lope to it. The seller did not build the motor, so I don't have the exact cam specs. This is the only thing I am concerened with. I am planning on running the 2.94's I have now, and maybe upgrade to 3.23's later down the road. I am not looking to go any lower than that on rear end ratio. I was told that with that motor, I would need a stall converter similar to what came with a HP440, around an 1800-2000 stall. Would a stall like this work well with my gears? From the video and conversation, I figured it has a cam in between these two: http://www.summitracing.com/search/make/...891642%2B400304

Another thing I thought about is simply doing a cam swap if the one in it is too big for what I want. I actually want to drive this car and be able to enjoy it and put miles on it.

2014 Ram 1500 Pentastar V6
1966 Fury II 4 door