Quote:

In the 35 years or so that I have been racing, the only time I have seen full stands for a bracket race have been either the Bracket Finals or when there was a booked-in show. Back before there were 24 national events a year you could always find a local track running fuel cars, funny cars, pro stockers, or jets/rockets on a bracket night. Fans loved it, racers hated it. The show took too much time because one of the fuel cars always puked.

Youn have not lived until you've made a pass right after the "Pollution Packer" rocket car.

Around here, the tracks don't even advertise bracket racing. I had raced at RT66 for 5 years and talked to people that didn't even know they had brackets there. When US30 was open everyone knew "SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!!!!!!!!!".

Slant hit the nail on the head.People come to see Pinks because it is advertised on TV and they want to be there.Monte said the 5.0 60. and 7.0 classes do well,but if Orsca didnt have people like Mike Hill and that guy with a turbo mustang( you only see his wife in photo's) there wouldnt be a good attendence there.Sunday Sunday Sunday pounded in your head makes you want to go and having some kind of entertainment like a jet car,big name racer gets people there.I like index,class and bracket racing,but dont think people want to watch me do it.