Another forum member had posted this car in the eBay/Craigslist/WIW section, while it was on craigslist for sale in VA.

I still don't know why but I just had to contact the seller and we talked at length. Nice guy, took great pains to describe some details about the car but was unsure on other details when I asked about them.
Net was he was asking $1200 for it as a roller, with title. Settled on $850 with transmission, drive shaft, radiator, engine mounts, etc.

I figured it worth the gamble. Wasn't till late in the conversation I found out it was a 9 passenger. He sent a few more photos at my request.

Pickup was delayed because he had to remove the engine yet and wasn't able to get to it before the Holidays. Not an issue with me. When it was picked up, the hauler called to tell me the gas tank was leaking badly (sent photos to show) and couldn't be hauled in that condition. He offered two alternatives: return to seller, or remove and drain gas tank and place inside of car for transport. Either option cost $150.

I asked the hauler to take care of the gas tank, and got the seller to split the cost with me.

The car arrived this week. Very cold outside and windy, so it was miserable unloading the darn thing. Fortunately the driver was a great guy and easy to work with.

8391285-coronetwagon1.JPG (280 downloads)

Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way