After striking out trying to find LED tail lights for my `68 Barracuda I decided to do some research. After finding a few DIY-style videos and web pages explaining how to determine what resistors for which bulbs I assembled a tail light set of running/brake lights and also the reverse light. The tail lights are 68 LED's bundled in 17 groups of 4 bulbs with a resistor per bundle. Very inexpensive parts, about $50 total, but very labor-intensive assembling. I have about 3 hours in the completed left side circuit boards alone. But the results….. wow.

Prototype boards were about $6
Red LED's $14 for 100
White LED's were about $2 per 10
Resistors are approx. $3 per 100
Diodes are about $4 per 100
Here's the site I used to calculate the needed resistors: LEDCALC.Com

I bought enough prototype boards for 3 sets of tail lights.
I bought about 200 Red LED's, 50 White LED's, then there's solder and a selection of resistors. The diodes are used to prevent back-feeding since the tail & brake inputs operate the same LED's, just that the tail lights voltage is dropped with a resistor. The video's and text explain and demonstrate it nicely.

The reverse lights in the `68 Barracuda are a joke. All they do is illuminate for passing a state safety inspection. This upgrade changes that.

A dozen white LED's mounted in a thin sheet of plastic that lights the entire lens, and throws about 10X the light.

Full-tilt, such as the brake lights, they are incredibly BRIGHT. Considering how small the tail lights are I hope it helps.

`68 Barracuda 340-S