Quote:

Quote:

take
Quote:

Practice, practice, practice. Get into a routine so you don't even have to think about what you are doing while staging, bringing the rpm's up, etc. YOU get consistent regardless of the actual RT's. Then make changes to the car to adjust the RT's as needed, not yourself. (i.e.: tire diameter, air pressure, staging rpm's, etc.) A person is normally not able to change his/her reactions consistently. Do it mechanically.

Lot's of variable in your car will affect how much you can mechanically adjust/change - converter, condition of the brakes, carb set up (ESPECIALLY if footbraking), traction, firmness/slop in the chassis/suspension, etc.

Rollout does vary from track-to-track and can from lane-to-lane. Your reactions can vary from day-to-day or even within a day. How much sleep did you get? What's on your mind? Did you drink a lot of caffeinated/sugared coffee, Mountain Dew, etc.? Are you hungry?

Your results may vary. Each person is different just like each vehicle can be different. Some people and some vehicles just aren't easily adapted to cut good, consistent reaction times. But try to get YOUR consistency down first. Narrow down your "range", then work on getting that range closer to .000 on the "green" side.

take this guys advice he's pretty dang good. almost as good the tree

-and practice during your down time.

That's the unit I have. (with a foot pedal) I noticed I have to see the yellow and think(click) before I go bang(hit the pedal).

Yeah, it's got a smallblock.