Quote:

Mick, remember i did rearch my factory springs this year, but i had them done once before over 20 years ago. As said i also had a couple of leafs added and with all of the action my car has seen i would 20+ years on my original rearch was money well spent. Did you talk to Mike about getting the number to the truck spring shop in the east bay and discuss with them? I would explain what your after and see what they say. As said the truck guys know all about what works and what does not. If you go new go with Eaton as you drive and haul people around with your car and not use it as a stage prop at the local car shows.

herb, but yours are factory springs, mine are mopar springs made in mexico. people have said for a while these springs aren't the best. so we are talking two different qualities of metal here, i'm sure.

i did call them, but only got a woman on the phone who had no clue as to what i was talking about. i said i had a question about springs, guess i should call back and politely ask to speak with someone more knowledgeable.

i'm pretty sure i'm just going to bite the bullet and get the eaton springs. rearching is $225 or so, iirc, so it's double that to get the eaton springs and be done with it.