Quote:

My car is setup for street/strip, but MOSTLY street GUYS!. I'm putting in a Gear Vendors OD unit on my 727 and also swapping out the 3.55s in the 8.75 for 4.10s at the same time.

I'm no expert with trannys so my question is with this new combo will my current tq converter jibe well?

This is what is sitting behind a 512cid 440:

10" Street "S-800" Series Turbo Action Torque Converter (Tight) Part #17805ST (2800 stall - 3400 stall range)

The gear change equals 14.5 % steeper, the OD ratio should be more than that so the cruise RPM will be lower which may make the converter seem a little loose at lower rpm cruising in OD. Maybe a 4:30 rear ratio would make the converter happier at cruise speeds As far as 4:10 and a 512 C.I. I have used that ratio as well as 3:91 and 3:73 in my 3400 lb Duster with a custom built 10 inch Continental and a 30 inch tall tire, the car didn't know the difference between the rear gear ratios at the track(same MPH on all three) or on the street As far as buying another converter before trying the one you have with the trans change, I wouldn't Try what you have first and then if you don't like it you can provide some actual in the car performance information to the converter comapny about the one you have so they can either modify it or build you one that will work the way you want it to

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 12/20/08 06:55 PM.