The girlfriend is looking for a new truck and i've been sifting through the Craigslist morass to see what she can afford and was pretty surprised to find a couple ov these pretty close to her ceiling. I've always thought they were really cool looking lil trucks, but i dont know much about them... so a few questions i'm sure can be quickly answered.

Do i see long and short boxes? I'd be FAR more interested in a short-cab short box if there was a choice. I want the smallest/lightest version possible. If there are shortcab/box versions, are they rarer? All i see where i live, actually driving around are extended cab or crew cab versions... NOT interested.

Say i found either a 5.2L or a 5.9L 5-speed version ov the above... What kind ov mileage (upper estimates) could i expect? Any chance it might be close to our factory lifted 4L 5-speed 94 Cherokee?

How fast were they? Again, i can ask many people here this, but every one i see is a long-cab (and i think) long box version, and most automatics.

How much would such a truck weigh?

Hell... if they actually move and get decent MPG i might even consider trading in the Mustang for one for myself. I see an all-black short-cab (i think) short box 5.9L R/T driving around here sometimes... DAMN cool looking rig. Found an identical one locally for sale ($3300), both automatics though.