Quote:

Ron, That is very impressive. Takes over 700 hp to do that. I guess the question would be how much launch rpm it would take to make it work with the stick?

And that is my problem now.

dumping the clutch at 5K and too much weight.

4.10's and 2.66 first gear and only 545 ft. tq. at 4300.

I can understand that as I am glad my 63 is an auto as I could not afford to run a stick car the way I launch stick cars. Back in the late 70's early 80's I bracket raced a 340 Dart that ran a best of 11.90's @ 113 and it was a stock 833 four speed. Well I would bring the rpm up as the tree came down and I would bring it up to about 6000 and then dump the clutch and slam the gas to the floor on launch. And I would power shift it also but it broke a good share of parts racing it for 4 seasons. It was an 8-3/4 and I broke a few driveshafts and ring gear teeth along with twisting the axle shaft splines and all. But hey if your gonna race run it hard and I did . Now my 63 is over a second and 10 mph faster and I still have a stock 8-3/4 in it with a Detroit locker but it has not broke anything major yet to this date as I have raced it a few times a season since 2007. Just shows how the auto is much easier on the drivetrain parts. Ron

Last edited by 383man; 12/21/14 03:57 PM.