Quote:

Good point about the y-pipe. It is ridiculous. Crushes the pipes in half (picture).

At Guitar - when you are only getting 12mpg, that .8 is still almost a 7% improvement. I think the passenger unit bearing on mine might be crapping out anyway. outside of tire on that side is wearing....

There are o2 sensors after the cats. Remove them and it will throw codes. I am not convinced you will see a mileage increase either.

Header choice on the 2500s is pretty limited.

Yeah headers choice is limited for the 2500's. I bought the Chinese headers because most shorties say they won't fit 1500 4x4's, only 2wd's. I couldn't figure out why because I think they use the same front ends (2wd vs 4wd) ie: spindles, control arms etc. Even the headers I bought weren't supposed to fit my truck but no one could tell me why. I put them on anyway and all I had to do was dent one tube on the passenger side where it hit the motor mount. I also had to shorten what looks like an anti loosening tab on one of the nuts on the upper control arm on the passenger side, it still works I just had to shorten it. The Ebay headers were under $200.