Quote:

Painted my entire car(70 cuda fiberglass body) base coat, pearl coat, clear in one hour in my garage with my hvlp equipment no overspray and thats cleaning the gun out after each coat. About 700 dollers in paint(Dupont). What you are paying for is the painters overhead.He should take no more than 1/2 hour to paint. painting is 95% prep 5% paint. Taking stuff off or preping is one thing but to just paint no way its worth no 800 bucks. Still can't belive how easy it is with clear coat.

Am I the only one who sweats like crazy when I spray paint a car or especially a truck? To me it's not easy, proper posture is required for a good paint job and that will wear you out.

Then using base clear adds to the cost and labor. Yes it holds up the best and is easier to shoot than single stage but is not correct on our old cars. Yea everyone knows that I know.

And my paint jobs even just a engine compartment takes more than a half hour, priming, BC and then CC. You can't do all that in a half hour unless you bake it.