Quote:

I am sure that the microsquirt will not drive Mopar TBI injectors directly or not last very long doing it. Mopar low impedance is much lower than the gm stuff you can use the resistors but they pose there own problems.

If you wanna go megasquirt and TBI then the older v3.57 may be your best bet for not much more$.

Microsquirt will hold up just fine. Mopar and GM used many of the same TBI injectors over the years. From the DIYautotune page I posted:

Quote:

1.The fuel injector drives will max out at 5 amps each, enough to drive one low-impedance (or 4 high-impedance) injector per bank.

That being said, I prefer not to mess with the PWM tuning. I started out that way, and ended up going with this: http://www.jbperf.com/p&h_board/
Like the old Ronco infrared oven, "set it and forget it". You would be over $500 for an assembled v3.57 MS2 and the matching harness. Maybe that's not a budget buster, but I'm trying to get it as down and dirty as possible. Building the board yourself is an option, but then you are into the cost of the stim as well.

Quote:

Herk, I've heard of a guys using the 454 TBI systems due to the larger bore and injectors.

I forgot to put this in my last post. This is exactly what I have on mine. Holley built the 670CFM throttle body that will support around 275HP on the early 90's Chevy 454 trucks. They adapted it to a square bore manifold, added a dumb computer with 2 fuel maps and called it Pro-Jection. I found a used Pro-Jection on Craigslist for $200, minus the fuel pump. Since I'm using the V3 board, it helped to have a donor harness to start with. My body style had a model with the later in-tank pump so that was an easy swap. I probably don't have even $700 into my conversion including the $189 Innovate LC-1 Wideband. A bigger motor would definitely benefit from the later Pro-Jection 4 throttle bodies, but then you also would have to go with the P&H board to drive those 4 injectors. This setup is plenty even for a slightly worked over 360.

Matt
69 Dart Swinger 340
83 W350, Megasquirted with 46RH
Old news: 72 Demon street/race mobile
Latest: 70 Duster backhalf car
and even more