Quote:

You brought up DOM tubing, problem is, 90% of people who use MS don't use DOM, they use cheap, welded seam MS. A well built DOM cage is as strong as anything else and DOM costs nearly the same as Moly. I personally used DOM on all my MS cages, but when I got to the point that I no longer MIG welded any cage, regardless of material, it made no sense to not use Moly. Makes the car lighter and worth more for resale. I don't care what the cert is, a Moly car will always bring more. I would not put MS in a new car period, but that's just me.

Monte

The cost of DOM(drawn on a mandral)MS to Aircraft quality CM is 1&1/2 times cheaper,we buy direct.Rolled and seamed MS is the cheapest tubing available.There are many different quality specs for either,varying the cost.We use DOM-MS and AC-CM for our custom chassis and cage work.We don't push our customer either way,we educate them on the pros and cons for their particular application and cost budget.We let them decide.Our 68 Cuda dbl rail/strut chassis car and our 65 Dodge a-arm car are both MS.We have 5 cars in the shop for up-grades,of the 5 three are MS and 2 are CM.4 of them are certified to 7.50.Go figure?