As my 1971 Duster project moves forward, I am looking for some input into the cooling system. As the car is on the rotisserie, I’m going to open up the core support to accept a 26” radiator; so here is my current thinking for a cooling system for this setup:

Champion radiator: CC1643
Champion fan shroud FS374
The shroud accepts two 12” electric fans; what fan to use that the MegaSquirt can control or a Ron Francis XP-777 wiring harness with a delayed cooling system shutdown kit CD-36 or the duel fan controller AR-99.

Any recommendations on the radiator, shroud or 12” fans?

As I said, I’ll be going with the MegaSquirt MS3 and a F&B 85MM cable operated throttle body from EFI source. The motor will be cleaned up, new rings opened up and bearings with a Frank Racing 219/227 @ .050 camshaft and springs with the mandatory TTI headers and exhaust backed by an 833 overdrive 4-speed.

I’ve been getting guidance from Wade (uncoog1) and Alex (AlexP) as they have both been involved with my build. The rest of the car will have Borgeson P/S, US Car Tool chassis Stiffening kit, all new suspension components, 4-wheel manual big bolt discs, 11.7” with Viper calipers, 16” steel wheels with poverty caps and A/C.

The goal is to drive and handle like modern muscle/pony car while looking like a stock 71 Duster 340, Alpine White, matt black 340 stripes, V24 blackout hood, cowl, fender, door tops with 340 WEDGE callout, black/charcoal bucket seats, etc.

I live in Texas, it’s hot in the summer and I’m building a driver/show car that my wife and I can drive with the A/C in heavy traffic in August when it’s 100 degrees or cruise down the freeway at 75Mph;

Overheating is not an option!

Last edited by Brian; 11/07/14 09:40 PM.

1971 6.1 Gen III Hemi Duster