Quote:

Ryan, how difficult was it to fit the 4.25 crank into the X block?? Were you using 2" pins?? Whose crank is it, shelf or custom??

I don't even want to talk about it....... That thing has been the scourge of my life. It's not the cranks fault, but with the GRP 1200 series aluminum rods (think Pro Mod size, rods were supposed to be used in different application than this one), it took I dunno around 30 hours of clearancing to make work, just hours & hours of mock up work.....

That's a 4.25" Callies Magnum series with 2.10" pins. The small bore does not help either, but I had to clearance BOTH sides of the bores, for the beam of the rod on one side & rod bolt/cap on other side. Had to notch pan rail of block for cap/bolt clearance & notch the oil pan itself...Stupid GRP rods hit the corner of the counterweights around BDC, the pin end is really wide with large radius going into the beam..... so had to profile counterweights on crank....If this thing had a a steel rod in it, would have been piece of cake.