Ok, thanks for the replies. Here is some responses.

The open class is pulling tires and open driveline. I know what I am getting into there, been pulling awhile. Currently they handicap blower trucks 600 lbs of weight and run lower hitch height, so although they got double horse power they dont do well. Aside from a few diesel hammers, the bad boy in the class is a nitrous truck with big cubes.

I have 10 yrs pulling naturally aspirated 540" class, thus I am dumb to nitrous. Wondered if it mattered that i have cast iron heads, and what shot, if any my bottom end is suitable for. Motor will be freshened before any changes.

I probably need 150 horse to get up with the couple guys beating me. I know pistons will be required whether I go to B1 or Indy 572_13, but again everyone tells me the 572_13 wont be enough over my current 440_1 set up. Current motor makes great power from 4500 to 6700 rpm, then falls off a cliff to 7400. Pulling is rpm and wheel speed for most part.

My class pays $225 to $250 to win. Open class is 900 to win, but 5th or 6th pays more than my class to win. Dont get me wrong, I want to win like everyone else, and I dont pull for the $, but an $8000 to $10000 upgrade for $250 may not be the best investment. I know a bottle wont put me at top of open class, just seeing if would be possible with my set_up safely.

I hear the survey telling me no turbo as cost effective for pulling. Thought maybe it would be due to all the diesel guys having so much luck, but thats probably comparing apples and oranges.