Just want to clear something up.

I am not doing an adapter. It is a complete SFI bellhousing that uses a sfi approved transmission case.

This accomplishes two things. One eliminates adapters. Two provides use of transmission cases from a manufacturer that are vertually bullit proof and use internals that are available in one day.

I love torqueflites, but hate running something in a race car that requires parts from sources that are hard to reach. Face it powerglides and turbo 400 parts can be purchased any hour of the day 24/7.

I welcome people who choose 904's. They work well with 358 R5P7. My personal situation is a 904 is too long. A glide with adapter is also too long. If this was not an issue for 8.50 and faster cars they would not make short tailshats for turbo 400 and even proflites.

This bell and flywheel covers 25.1- 25.5 cars requiring the pita forward bar when set back behind transmission. If building car again it would be below firewall with a totally different A Pilar and dash bar setup.

Leon

P.S. thread hyjackers start your own thread. You are cluttering up an informative thread for a specific bellhousing. Not adapter plates.

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.