As the Niagara Chrysler service manager suggested yesterday (after my mechanical inspection) I took my Magnum in to the bodyshop today for an inspection by body techs. The two techs who inspected it were shocked at the damage. I was shocked at the repair quote---$8100!! I was told the engine, drivetrain, subframe, interior had to come out in order to properly replace the rotted sections of frame alongside the cats. They were impressed by the overall clean condition of my car, very sympathetic regarding the frame problem, and suggested I contact Chrysler Canada.

The Niagara Chrysler service manager had already sent in his photos and report yesterday, and suggested I contact Chrysler Canada directly this afternoon as he had not yet heard back from the district service manager.

When I called Chrysler Canada they told me even though my car is out of warranty they would like to further investigate the problem, and opened a Case File on the car. They said I should to expect to hear back from them on Monday. I hope that is a good sign.

I guess I'll wait and see what they say on Monday and go from there. All the Chrysler service managers, techs and even the woman on the phone at Chrysler Canada were excellent.

8310669-magnumrt.png (221 downloads)