Quote:

Thanks for the compliments. The car has all XV level 2 suspension, stoptech brakes, bone stock 6.1 hemi with a carb, tremec trans and a dana 60. I had Ricks make a tank as well. Inside the car has stock instruments, factory ac heater box with everything working, sparco seats done in coachman grain vinyl with black suede inserts like the original. All other interior items are wrapped in the same grain vinyl.

The car performed flawlessly all weekend. Even though we were in the novice class, our lap times fit into the bottom of the expert group. We didn't have a fire suit (my mistake) otherwise we would have been in the advanced group which allows passing. This became a problem as we ate people up in the turns. At the end of the day, the car needs more power, better tires. We are also going to lower it some, but we need to remove fender lips to do so. For the first time out for this car and the car owner, it was a very good showing. Zero mopars in attendance besides. There were 6 1st gen Camaros, new Camaros and Mustangs for the most part.
I have 3 sessions on camera which I will provide a link to once I get them on youtube.

Nice work out there. I have been to 3 of these including The showdown in Vegas. Very cool, and you really get to test the car. We were also the only Mopar at these events.

Welcome to the world of "Pro-touring Mopar"! Lot's of talk and minimal action.

1968 Pro-Touring Dodge Charger
*2011 Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge Invitee
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html