'72 pickup, 318 & 727, recently rebuilt top end. Mild Voodoo cam, 4bbl intake & an edelbrock 650 (1405) I rebuilt a couple months ago. Adjustable fuel pressure regulator, currently set to 5.5psi. Electric choke is firmly closed when cold. I live at 4000' elevation.

When I rebuilt it I corrected the float heights to what they're supposed to be. Both idle jets are 2 1/4 turns out.

Now that it's cold here (high of 25*F for the next week), it's been rather hard to start. I also can't think about putting it in gear until it's completely warmed up. If I do put it in gear it dies immediately . When it does finally start, it's very rough until it warms up. When it doesn't start, it does act to me like it's flooding.

Currently, my jetting is set to #9, with a .101" jet instead of the .100" (I didn't have a .100"). Secondaries are .095".
A friend recommended I go a bit richer than base to account for the 10% ethanol in our gas.

After doing the math for elevation (), it looks like I should actually be 5% lean, and closer to #22 or #24, rather than a step rich. I was talking to a guy at the parts store who said he didn't change anything to account for ethanol.

page 12 here has the calibration chart. http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/carbs_acc/pdf/carb_owners_manual.pdf

Am I on the right track?
Thanks,
-Dave

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.